|The Buckley Store|
|Pervious Home Building list Map Next|
The Buckley Store 1900|
"From a pin to a plow" was the Buckley Brothers' motto for their general store which was the largest store between Alexandria and Front Royal at one time. Since the Clifton School did not own a scale, the scales in the store were used to weigh the school children, as well as grain and nails. The Buckley Store remained in the family until 1951. The building is now The Heart In Hand Restaurant, serving family fair. Former First Lady, Nancy Reagan, dined here on three occasions.
Visit their web page
|Last update Mar 14, 2011|
See copyright page for photo reuse