|The Sutphin House|
|Pervious Home Building list Map Next|
The Sutphin House 1951|
This country cottage was built by Alvin, Ollie and Lewie Poe on land once a part of Detwiler's Dairy Farm. The construction is fir lumber, featuring old schoolhouse windows on the back porch. Mrs. Sutphin resided here for over 45 years and served as President of the Women's Auxiliary to the Clifton Volunteer Fire Department. "Miss Julia" was always there to welcome the volunteer firemen with warm refreshments upon their return from a fire alarm.
|Last update Mar 14, 2011|
See copyright page for photo reuse